Why invest in Adelaide?
While it’s going to be another big year for the property hotspots we’ve identified in South-East Queensland, we’re also really excited about what the local Adelaide market has to offer.
Why?… Well, because Adelaide continues to be the most under-rated of all capital cities.
[Not to mention we’ve just negotiated pre-release access to an exclusive investment opportunity in one of Adelaide’s most exciting up-and-coming areas – but more on that later…]
Adelaide has long suffered from a lingering reputation as a place that lacks serious population growth and economic oomph. But the truth is it has more going for it than most people realise – including a good level of spending on infrastructure and above all else, great value-for-money real estate relative to our big city neighbours.
Widely celebrated as one of the world’s most liveable cities, Adelaide offers unprecedented year-round access to fantastic food, dining, entertainment, cultural and sporting events.
In fact, Adelaide was voted the 5th Most Liveable City in the World 2015 [The Economist Intelligence Unit], made the Top 10 Cities of the World 2014 [Lonely Planet], the Top 52 places to go in 2015 [New York Times], and was crowned the Most Liveable City in Australia 2011, 2012, 2013 [Property Council of Australia].
Not bad for little ole Adelaide right! The truth is we’ve always been pretty good at punching above our weight.
264m Bowden Development located North-West of Adelaide CBD
On the infrastructure front, metro Adelaide has registered over $45.6 billion worth of investment into major projects [Urbis Report, May 2016] creating local jobs and putting the building blocks in place for future growth.
Here’s just a few of those projects;
- Bowden Development – $264m [state government investment]
- South Road Superway – $842m [total investment]
- University of Adelaide Health and Medical Sciences Building Expansion – $231m
- Royal Adelaide Hospital – $2.1b [opening in 2017]
- Rundle Mall Masterplan – $30m [total master plan investment]
- UniSA Expansion – $380m
- Submarine Build Contract – $50b
- Adelaide Casino Redevelopment – $250m
Why investors continue to turn to Adelaide…
Investors have recognised that Adelaide’s rental yields are much higher when compared to Sydney and Melbourne, prices are affordable, employment prospects are strong, the lifestyle is clean and green and there’s an excellent transport network in place.
Other key reasons to invest in Adelaide include;
- Solid and consistent annual capital growth.
- 8.2% per annum rental market growth.
- The most affordable property market of all mainland capitals.
- Growing demand by young professional couples for quality, low maintenance living.
- More than $36b planned transport expenditure over the next 30 years.
For further insight into the state of the Adelaide property market click here
Bowden – Adelaide’s next property hotspot?
Overlooking the park lands to the north-west of the city, Bowden is an inspiring and close-knit community that provides innovative choices for sustainable living close to Adelaide’s heart.
Bowden is emerging as a vibrant inner-city destination – it mixes the past with the future, blending history, culture and sustainability into a smarter way to live.
And it’s more than just the homes – it’s all the local amenities and ‘people places’ that are really making this neighbourhood thrive.
Contemporary apartments, a retail and community hub, convenient public transport links, tree-lined streets dotted with colourful art and the ‘spaces between‘, are all part of the remarkable vision being realised.
Hundreds have already moved in, and 3,500 residents will call Bowden home with everything they need, day or night, just outside their front door.
What to like about Bowden;
- Located just 2.5km from the Adelaide CBD, Bowden offers a unique opportunity to invest in an exciting project that’s setting new standards for urban revitalisation.
- More than 450 new homes have been sold to date and the new Town Square precinct is now open – incorporating the Plant 4 retail hub and Bowden Park community space, it is a flourishing place.
- Bowden is a walkable community that 3,500 residents will call home, with cafés, restaurants, offices, open spaces, parks and gardens.
- Convenient public transport options, including the nearby train line and free city tram, are just 150 metres from Bowden central.
- It’s a unique development that raises lifestyle expectations and offers a different choice to the standard residential options available in the inner city and newer outlying suburbs.
- Located within an already established community rich in culture and heritage, Bowden is becoming an exciting integration of brand new building and design innovation.
354 Bowden – Pre-Release Investment Opportunity*
We’ve negotiated exclusive pre-release access to 354 Bowden directly through the developer Buildtec – this means you get first dibs on this outstanding project.
354 Bowden has a variety of options with Apartments, Sky Lofts, Terrace Housing and Commercial areas suitable for home owners and astute investors.
Overlooking the town square, 354 Bowden has ‘true park facing opportunities’. Residents also get to enjoy the convenience of specialty markets, cafés, restaurants and a new IGA grocery store literally at their door step.
Buildtec’s first project ‘On The Lane’ is already 50% sold so this is a great opportunity to get in early before the project hits the general market.
Key factors to invest in this 354 Bowden;
- Superbly located on the edge of Adelaide’s Northern parklands.
- Best location ever to be offered at Bowden – directly overlooking the Town Square and Plant 4.
- Tastefully designed to take advantage of the views – the roof garden features a host of exclusive communal resident amenities.
- Up to $30,500 in savings thanks to combined Off-the-Plan Stamp Duty concessions and First Home Owner Grant – see www.revenuesa.sa.gov.au for more details.
- Priced from just $345,000
- Secure today with just a 10% deposit – settle in 18 months time.
Key development provisions include;
- 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments and park terraces.
- Overlooking Bowden Park and Plant 4.
- Internal courtyard. [common area]
- Roof gardens.
- Vertical gardens.
- Bike storage.
- Secure basement car parking.
- Additional storage units.
- Timber strip flooring.
- Stainless steel Smeg appliances.
- Broadloom carpet.
- Reconstituted stone splashback.
- 2.7 metre ceilings.
- Video intercom and Secure swipe card access.
- 5-star design & built rating.
- LED lights throughout.
- NBN connected.
- Pet friendly.
Why invest in a new Apartment?
As a general rule, we recommend investors steer clear of inner city apartments due to potential oversupply issues and overall poor investment performance… What makes 354 Bowden different however, is that it’s not located in the CBD.
Unlike the city where there will always be a steady stream of new apartment projects coming on the market, Bowden contains a finite number of developments as part of its overall masterplan – this means that once all the projects are complete there will be no further development.
There are also a number advantages to investing in new off-the-plan property – we recently wrote an article about it here
As an investment, Bowden ticks many of the boxes; location, community, amenities, high owner occupier mix, and strong rental demand – most importantly the numbers stack up!
>> Find out more…
354 Bowden is currently in pre-release so we’re unable to provide any further details publicly…
If you’d like more details on this project please contact Sam – 0411 431 391
Alternatively, you can visit the Bowden Information & Sales Centre, Park Terrace [Corner of Sixth Street] Bowden, Open 10am – 4pm, 7 days.
Sam, Matt & Andy
Adelaide Finance Brokers + a lot more…
PS. We’ve created a property investment coaching program to help guide you through the process of building a profitable property portfolio – for more info click here